Tuesday, February 28, 2017

February

Whew! Today wraps up the Mardi Gras season and last week wrapped up the last of our block exams before the mock NBME exam in two weeks. I am a little nervous but overall very excited for the opportunity to showcase all that I have learned over the last year. I have taken the last few days off to enjoy Mardi Gras, for what may be the last time for many years. I am not sure if I will be able come down to for “the season” next year.

I am still tutoring at SciHigh, I have a student that recently transferred to SciHigh. She has all the intelligence and diligence needed to succeed, but her last school appears to have been lacking in the math department. We have been working together this month to catch her up with the rest of the class, but the week off for Mardi Gras has placed that project on hold. Soon I am sure she will be back on track, she has a passion for school and for learning that I do not remember having at her age, so I have full confidence she will soon be an honors student.

This will be my last blog post before our cumulative NBME exam. I am planning on increasing the hours per week I volunteer at SciHigh once it is finished.

Community Service Hours:

SciHigh: 4 hours

Semester Total: 8 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment