Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January

Another year and another semester has arrived! Already one block down, we are quickly approaching cumulative NBME exam in mid-March. It will encompass all of the material we have learned thus far in our Medical Pharmacology class, and I am both excited and a little nervous. Although there is a lot of material, I feel well prepared by my classes and studies. It will be an excellent opportunity to prove how much I have learned this year.

    This semester I have been able to start tutoring at SciHigh again, although Mr. Harris has us working with a different class. Tayla is my newest pupil,  transfer student who needs some help getting caught up with the rest of the class. Luckily she is enthusiastic and is making excellent progress. Unfortunately so far I have only been able to go for the first period of the day, starting at 7:45, which is a great time for me, but not as great for the high school students. I have had to work a little extra in order to keep Tayla both awake and engaged in Algebra II instead of her complaining about it being too early in the morning. Hopefully in the upcoming weeks I can convince Tayla that first thing in the morning is the best time to learn algebra, because then you can spend the rest of the day letting the material sink in.
    I don’t know if she will believe this philosophy but I can hope. 

Community Service Hours:

SciHigh: 4 Hours

No comments:

Post a Comment